If you want to ring in the new year being a crafty nail artist, then I’d say to start with this glitter ombre manicure. On a scale of easy to difficult, this is a 2, only because you have to paint a few coats. But seriously, so simple.
What You’ll Need:
- Solid color polish (I like a deep red or dark polish)
- Glitter polish (Essie Luxe Effects works the best!)
- Top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of solid nail polish and let dry.
- Apply top coat.
- For your first coat, wipe the brush off about several times (about 4). You want very little glitter on the brush.
- Apply to the entire nail except around the cuticle area.
- For the second coat, wipe the brush about 2-3 times, leaving a more glitter on the brush.
- Apply polish from the middle of your nail to the tip.
- For the last coat, fill the brush with glitter polish. The more glitter the better!
- Apply polish to the tip.
- Finish with a top coat.
Your tips will be sparkling around a glass of champagne all night long. Side note: apparently the champagne that is the lowest in calories is Brut aka dry champagne. Look at you being all crafty and healthy for the new year! You go Glenn Coco!