Dermelect lead artist Rose Velez-Miggins created two looks to complement the embroideries and clean straight-lines in the Runa Ray Spring/Summer 2017 collection. Both manicures were neutral, yet bold and the metallic accent at the bottom of each nail was the perfect adornment.
Get the Look:
- Prep nails with Immaculate
- Apply Launch Pad basecoat
- Apply 2 coats of Naurale
- Apply Memento topcoat & allow to dry
- With Diggin You, create the inverted “V” (repeat if necessary for color saturation) To achieve clean and straight lines, use tape or a nail vinyl and remove immediately after application of Diggin You.
- Apply Matte-iculous over the lines/design only
- Finish with Revital-Oil
Photo credit: Carissa Lancaster
Look 1: A base with Dermelect Naturale (a toasty beach sand with pink accents) with an inverted “V” in Dermelect Diggin You (a burnt umber). This nail was then accented with a metallic gold bar at the base of the nail. To achieve this look, Rose recommends using Dermelect Nobody’s Fool (a chrome marigold) in place of the metallic media.
Look 2: A base with Dermelect Moon Kissed (a shimmering off white) with two diagonal line/fades in a custom color accented with a metallic gold bar at the base of the nail.