Friday June 26, 2015 will get its own chapter in history books.
Gay marriage became legal nationwide and people all over celebrated in every way possible. Especially with lots of rainbow accessories.
My way? A rainbow ombre manicure of course. Test out this super easy how-to using my steps below. Don’t forget to tag me in your rainbow nail pics on instagram! #loveislove
What You’ll Need:
- Ricky’s Art Start white nail primer
- Three colored polishes (I used Final Share Weekend, Rooftop Margaritas, and Fleet Week
- Makeup sponges
- Top coat
- Paint two coats of white nail polish on your nails and let dry completely.
- Remove the tops of all three colored polishes. We need to move fast!
- Take your first polish of choice and lightly paint a thin stroke on the top of the angled part of the sponge.
- Take your second color and lightly paint a thin stroke below your first one. It’s alright if the colors bleed together. Repeat the same concept with the third color. (Steps 2-3 should be done rather quickly, or the sponge will absorb too much polish.)
- Dab the nail with the painted sponge about 5-6 times (or until you achieve your desired color)
- Repeat for all nails, reapplying the polish to the sponge after each nail.
- Finish by adding a clear coat of polish.
Got polish all over your fingers? Easy fix: grab some cotton swabs and dip them in nail polish remover to remove the excess polish.
How are you celebrating this moment in history? Tell me below.